Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Exercising = Hard Work!


Oh man!! Do I have to get back in to exercising!! After my mom died, I just haven't been able to get back into it. If I don't soon, I am gunna blimp out. My brother started me on the whole exercising guilt trip a year ago. So I joined boot camp at the local fitness club. No one told me that they tried to kill you in there!! For the first 6 weeks I had panic attacks when we ran around the track...I swear...right where that track sits in that stadium...God has programmed the air there to be thinner...I am sure of it! Anyone remember burpies from grade school? Yeah...I hated them too...still do...really really bad...Every time I do them...my mother says in my head "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger....what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger....." I am not so sure that applies to burpies.....

So I go along my exercising ways all last year....then my sister's husband does some funny stuff (details I am not allowed to explain on the net for sure!) and she moves here and files for divorce!! So then she starts the gotta exercise like mad and make that son-of-a-bitch pay!! "Oh, and Dawn, I don't wanna go to the club by myself...come exercise with me. It will be fun!" It sure didn't seem like fun....But Wow! Did that work great for losing weight! We had Boot Camp on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 6-7am...Tuesday Thursday mornings 5:30-7am were dedicated to Body Pump....Tuesday Thursday nights 6-7pm were dedicated to kick boxing....and lets go walk or run for fun on the weekends....C'mon! Lets go!!

In the meantime, no time for fun in my life with 50+ hours a week for work, exercising, little kids and sports...But I did have time to notice Sara....our boot camp instructor. Tall and skinny with a built in 6-pack. (My brother said she used to be in the marines...that hadta be where that body comes from!!)....I joked with her that I was just guna tatoo a 6-pack on to the front of me! That way I would at least have one....My friend Barb has one...not fair....we'll talk about her later. Anyway, Sara not only runs along side you in boot camp if you aren't doing what she considers good...(I consider it good just not to pass out and keep breathing and moving)...she also considers it essential that we all work out in the dark to whatever is on her IPOD. I have learned lots of interesting songs that I wouldn't ever let my children listen to. I find myself singing them during the day...the best part is when Sara is trying to kill all of us and apologizes for certain words that are coming up in the song that she deems not appropo.....my goal is to look like that girl...and man can she run!!! I can keep up with her for the first lap...after that...its all uphill from there...slower and slower and slower.....

BUT, with all that exercising I looked SO GOOD in my skinny DIESEL RR550's, Button down government sanctioned shirt and vest (yes we have uniforms...I know...falls right in line with the geekiness...)...Brighton leather shoes, Brighton belt, Brighton necklaces (Yes plural, I always wear at least 2), and Brighton stringers.... (Did I mention that I happen to like anything Brighton? Gave up the Brighton purse long ago for a cheap diaper bag instead....My youngest is now 6....went to a wallet instead...nothing to carry in my hands...so nice...but I digress....)

My exercise nazi friend Barb bugs me to come to the club almost every day. She exercises in the morning...then at lunch...sometimes for 2 hours...and then goes again in the evening! See what I mean? Exercise nazi...just like I said...But she is so good for me...keeps me on the exercising "straight and narrow" path....except for this procrastination phase that I am going through! Eeeeek!! Next week...I will start next week....cross my fingers hope to die....stick a needle in my eye....could I really do that? I can be tough....but needles? Could I bite on a stick first? How about mild sedation? hmmmmmmm

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah....exercising......So how's the weather where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment