Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fun In The Sun


Doesn't this spot look so mysterious? It looks like it should come right out of the National Geographic Magazine! So close to the truth, but yet so far....

The boys and I decided we needed to let our hair down. (Funny, as they don't have any hair because I make them shave it off at the beginning of every summer...). Anyway, we decided we needed a swimming/ fishing trip to Yellowstone Park; our most favorite place in the whole world for outdoor fun!!

This pic wasn't really taken in 2004. I never change the stupid date on my camera because I change the batteries so much. This pic was really taken in August of 2011 at the swimming hole on the Firehole River. This is the last "officially sanctioned" place to swim in Yellowstone Park according to "the law." (Whomever that is!) That didn't stop us later from swimming in the Lamar River down in the Lamar Valley...so cold...bbbbbrrrrr! But I digress...

I have found the best fun ever along the way is spending time with my sons out exploring God's Country.  I figured we should take advantage of it as he gave it to us to enjoy.  The Crow Indians have a saying.  "You cannot sell the land on which the people walk..."  I am glad that God made/saved these spots just for me...oh, and my sons....

No comments:

Post a Comment